Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Saved By The Food

As long as food excites me so easily (and so much), there is no room for more than momentary depression or apathy or negativity or sorrow in this life. Yeah baby, the excitement continues to build in spite of minimal rational reason for it. Just that celebration of being alive thing that some people just do not seem to get but everyone agrees is a good idea (just look at all the greeting cards, aye?). If you are pressed for time, briefer {and lesser} version. Nyuk Nyuk, blog envy. So what's new with you?

Here in the ever more ridiculous world of stretching savings well beyond the realm of common sense (see Jack {friend from childhood... and thinking of him leads me to want to go on Facebook and reconnect with old friends and new friends and the desire to share leads to the lonelies so we will just move right along back to reality because the odds of actually sharing real space and time with someone tonight at this hour are relatively astronomical and I was just nodding off before I came here to catch up on the daily life... the Nutty Bars have shot some sugar through the body and the brain is sucking it up so I am suddenly a bit wired as you may or may not notice in the babbling}, you may have been right after all... but maybe we should ask ourselves... who's having all the fun? lol lam laa), I spent money again. We'll get to that in a minute, but first, let's recap the day.

Waking blah and blue (see a couple of entries back), the mood started shifting when I finally stood up and decided as impulsively as ever (actually, the motivation has been creepily building for weeks) to find enough running gear to go out and see how pitiful my body stamina has gotten (and unfortunately, I was not disappointed). I found a mismatched pair of sneaker-socks and put on the work sneakers (poor for running) and a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and out the door I went with my phone to record the time and in case I needed to dial 911. Who's laughing lol. I looked around and chose to head down a cul-de-sac that faces this property. Before the end of the first side of the cul-de-sac the calves and achilles were burning and I shifted from 4-4 (4 steps on the inhale, 4 steps on the exhale) breathing to 3-3 breathing and after the turn I was ready for 2-2 breathing with more burning in the lower legs and slight wheezing and a gasp or two by the time I got back to the driveway. I forgot to stop the stopwatch on the phone. Full of self-recrimination for suicidal decisions over the past however many years since I last ran regularly, I went inside and pondered my navel for a few minutes. The result of the pondering was to search Run-Tracking applications and to download one to the phone because I wanted to strack distance and the GPS usually does. I went back out and started the app as I started a second lap of the cul-de-sac. This time the leg burns were severe enough to slow me to a walk three times during the jog (I am such a wimp and the runner in me is just shaking his head with disgust) and the app said it was under 3 minutes (I don't recall the exact time). The app disappointed and did not track the distance. Maybe I need to let it have access to the GPS or something in the phone, but it should ask for that if it needs that to perform it's function. Might try another app if I can find a smarter one.

After that I headed into the shower and found the muscle fatigue was spread over the entire body as the arms and shoulders were straining just to bathe the body (it doesn't help that it is a cramped shower and it is more work to shower in there than it is in a regular tub shower. Alas, showers are a haven of relaxation for me and that is greatly missed living here, but that is part of the compromise I choose that may be beyond the realm of common sense). She shower was adequate for cleaning, but not sufficient for muscles or spot heat that I am used to.

From the shower I sat and rested about twenty minutes before dressing and heading out to Curly's for dinner and cards. That's where the food comes in. The dinner part. Curly had been cooking up a stew-soup since yesterday and it was composed of beans, corn, onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, pulled pork, italian sausages and other sausages, and probably whatever else Curly found in the fridge or freezer that needed eating. Everything melted in the mouth and after two bowls, the others Excel, Elton, and Knobby) arrived and the pizzas were ready. Yummy food and food is so much yummier when eaten with friends. We played Hearts and Oh Hell and had much fun.

On the way home I stopped at the evil empire (Wal-Mart... I know, shame on me, seriously... but I am trying to stretch savings and, well, make stupid decisions that irritate my ethics sometimes... I actually thought about applying for an overnight job there... stupid decisions haven't gotten that stupid yet). I bought three cases of water (no sink here leads me to another decision irritating my ethics, bottled water... stop be before I beat myself up) and found canned pasta was on sale (further decisions that, well, you know, but economizing without a kitchen, remember) so I bought forty cans (hush) and then I went to the houswares department and bought three types of clothes hanging apparatus for drying clothes. I might return one or two if one works out to be the best of the bunch.

At least I will use this stuff. The $15 I spent on a Happy Birthday balloon (which is already drooping in the car) and card and cupcake for Jackson, well, that's another story... someone left the cupcake out in the rain... or something like that. So I headed home (yeah, starting to call this home, a mixed blessing) and tidied up and bit and sat down here to wander the web, though I did not go the Facebook route this night. I responded to J's email and explored her web presense (inspiring art, photographs, drawings) which lead me to my tumblr dashboard (kind of like the Facebook newsfeed only with less communication and a more disguised way ot interacting) which lead me to read all sorts of articles about all sorts of interesting stuff. Links will eventually be uploaded to the Sites I Saw blogs.

Finally, we are in the now. The mood is silly giddy happy which is pretty much the base mood inside of me when I am not letting the horrible trauma and tragedy of humanity influence my affect. Another night of reading and writing (and playing games, though no Ruzzle as the wireless is down again and I have yet to reset the router. Life is a fun place to be as long as we remember what matters most, food, friends, and fun (not necessarily in that order). :)

And though the song reference for this blog ought to be the Moody Blues Saved By The Music, I provide this alternative simply because I do not have Saved By The Music uploaded to my website and this is what came to mind when I looked for an alternative. Apparently, for what it's worth (and in case it matters), Dirt, Drama, and Details may be getting a soundtrack lol lam :)

(seriously, hear the words)

No comments: