Saturday, April 23, 2016

Rainouts Are Seldom Fun

Today was a rather grumpy day. I think I am fine tuning some of the last adjustments to accepting the reality of the changes and challenges I am living through and the pouty child hangs on to the poor-me why-me life's unfair denial of reality as long as I let him and I let him soak up the self-pity longer than I should sometimes because it let's him realize the reality on his own instead of having to force facts down his throat. Everyone should know their inner child as well as I do, it would be a much more peaceful world. Not to mention happier and more optimistic and more generous and more forgiving and more altruistic and a bit more egotistic, but in a humble sort of way lam (the self-mockery is a wonderful elixor everyone should have in their back pocket when ego gets blind drunk).

If only you understood me, you'd love me even more (wink wink, nod nod, where's a blind bat when we need one?). So anyway, as I was saying, today Curly come over to pick up his tools that he left here and to do some work on his mom's house and on the other apartments in this house and maybe in here too. I was a little grumpy cuz I wanted some me time and I was doing a second load of laundry and I did not want to be his helper today or have him working in this cramped space because I would not be able to do laundry or anything (it is that cramped). The body was still recovering from yesterday and knew I had a whole lot of softball (starting tonight) all weekend and needed to get my very sore feet and shins and muscles rested and recovered. Not to mention laundry done. He understood.

I did get laundry done and then I drove 40 mminutes to the field and just before our game the skies opened up big time. So the opposing team did not show Wednesday and tonight, the rain showed just before our game time. The body probably benefited from the rest, but the rest of me wants more exercise and softball. After the softball rainout I decided to head home instead of going out with the team which saved money and may have saved calories. Still not hard core focused on dropping weight or exercising (got to get your mind right, boy), but the lawn work and increased softball is putting this body through some serious paces and I do want to keep that up even though I wanted today off.

I must remember me...

No comments: