Thursday, April 28, 2016

Returning To Winning Ways

Not just in softball, but softball is part of thehe positivity rises inside then everything in life gets a little or a lot betters. Sometimes, I am just not paying attention. So the Sunday league team is on an 8 game winning streak moving into a tie for third with a record of 9-2 beating the only undefeated team this week, and the Monday night team won it's last two, this week beating an undefeated team than won it all last season, the Wednesday night team won it's first two games of the season. Friday was rained out last week so we play our first game this Friday and the Saturday league is on hiatus so I'll be playing with the seniors who meet at a field every Saturday morning and moving to a new Saturday team that will have a practice Saturday afternoon after the seniors are done. In spite of the ups and downs and challenges, My teams (not including the new tournament team that is just starting out in a crazy over-our-heads league) are 13-3 this season so far and 12-0 in our last 12 games. Feel good about it, dangit! lol lam :)

The arm is sore as it heals slowly because I am pitching so much. The shins and foot are healing slowly too. The right leg is not more swollen today so I will leave the bandage on overnight and shower in the morning (I know, stinky, but it was cool tonight and I went hitless (pitched great, we won 6-3) so I didn't perspire much and I don't want to re-bandage cuz it is not easy to do in this space (and with the belly and aches) and I can save money on the first aid supplies. Everything is a compromise and losing the benefits of hot showers as often as I'd like them is one compromise I must make these days. In case it matters to you (or anyone, ya know?).

You may have read that I cut my hair tonight. Yes, chopped, is more accorate. It did not help with my hitting as I was tired so I accept an off night because I am hitting well this month). I doubt anyone will say anything about the mess because it is usually a mess these days. I wonder if anyone will even notice.

As noted above, the Wednesday night softball league team finally played and we won 6-3 against a very good team with an excellent pitcher. That puts us in a 3 way tie for first as the other six teams in the league each have at least one loss. Half the teams are very good, one is a tournament team that should wipe everybody off the field (and hopefully they won't hurt anyone) and the other half may be easy wins. They just put everyone in one division which has it's pros and cons for us because we are a middle team that won the lower division last season. I suddenly have a pretty good defense on Wednesdays with the addition of a good atheletes, few girls and a couple of guys so I am hopefully we will contend even though half the teams are upper division and at least one is dangerously good.

I resisted stopping for food or snacks again. The wallet and waistline smile. Getting home, I parked out back again because the people in the other apartments that share this house had guests and one parked in my spot again. I already have damage to my car parking along the path to the back house so I won't park there anymore. I talked with Curly and he approves the plan to clear the back of the house and make me a parking spot and backyard back there. I'll do most of the work, but he'll lend me the equipment. He previously talked about eventually doing that and making sliding glass door and patio so this would be going in that direction without the cost.

Yeah, so in case it matters, it was a good day (great for a Wednesday) and overall life is still wonderful and the stupidity of self-pity may be waning (I usually tired of it sooner than this, but I really didn't want to accept the choice Jackson made to not help me at all when I needed it most after all the years I helped her so much, especially when she easily could have and worse, she just avoided me as she has for so long... feeling used... hush, it was my choice to adopt her and family is family).

So readjusting perspective I come to a better Wednesday. Letting go is sad, but it does allow rebuilding to improve. Reviewing the last six weeks, the challenges have been many. The disappointments huge and so very heavy on my spirit, soul, psyche, or whatever that emo-mind connection is called this year. The wonderfulness of an old friend helping as only really good family would is beyond words good. The softball has been much better than the previous season, 13-3 overall, 12-0 in the last 12 games (not included the new tournament team playing in the crazy new tournaments). The body is taking a beating and it is still ticking. I made the adjustments I needed to make and am comfortably sitting in the recliner with internet and the laptop in a safe space.

Now if only I was not so alone here. Or in this space, for that matter (nudge nudge). Ah, I may never be satisfied, but that is the best reason to go on living... always striving for more and better and the dream) :)

No comments: