Saturday, May 21, 2016

And then all sorts of stuff happened...

an appetizing headline, perhaps even clickbait, or is that some other word that does not come to mind at the moment. It happens, words sometimes elude me. I wonder when I will start blaming it on senility or some other aging effect. I may have started doing that decades ago lol. So when the libido speaks up, other children in the head sometimes perk up and want to have a say about something or other and the heart smiled at the body and the ideal smiled back. That is how it goes sometimes, and this is how I slip in the fact that other writing has been going on. Attention seeking 101, be nonchalant, cavelier, and oh yes, casual. It is, of course, not the end of the world if you do not click on every link and read and respond to every word. It is stimply a posponement of the dream. We learn to live (old song reference with the bittersweet depth of an all knowing smile with a sigh and a chuckle for dramatic affect, or effect, too).

That has nothing to do with the unwanted calls, but it was a good reason for a meaningless complaint anyway. That is when I decided I would head out for some chocolate but I found four chocolate covered walnuts and ate those instead. Staying in tonight and not getting the emotional food I was wanting because friends were busy and I feel a loss of faith in the whole BFF concept coming on, I ate two, not one but two cans of spaghetti and meatballs (adulterated with various other ingredients... velvetta, veggie butter, ketchup, and extra meatballs in one and the same with bologna substituting for the meatballs in the other... I know, atrocious mouthfuls, to say the least... and to think, as a child I would never eat canned crap or processed meat by products or so many things I've accepted eating along the way out of emotional poverty... I was a wise child). I am still emotionally hungry, but that's close to 2,000 calories and I did not do that much exercise today.

There is an insect bit on the back on my neck that is being tickled by the fan blowing the hair on the back of my head along the bite and it is quite distracting. I believe it was during the mulch work yeaterday that the insect attacked. Though there were lots of insects at the Red Bug fields (not red ones though, but an appropriate name as there are more insects at those fields than at any other in town) two nights ago. No, it was the mulch work as we were blowing mulch and leaves and dirt and dust all over the place (and on us) and I was also scraping along the bushes a lot and perspirong profusely and there was a light rain on and off and all that leads to irresistible skin for bugs.

Speaking of exercise today (were we?), I was awakened by the phone numberous times after getting to bed well after sunrise and I finally decided to stay up around 1pm, though I fell back to sleep in the chair around 4pm with the alarm set for 5pm. The afternoon was a bit of email, a bit of facebook, and a bit of whatever. Then came softball and once again we played easy and we won, 15-5 in five innings. I offered to move to shortstop if anyone wanted to pitch but that is a prime position so they switched around and left me alone at the pitcher's mound. My point was why do only some players get to move around to where they want to go and they only move others like me to positions they don't want to play. They got the message, especially since the younger guys were swinging for the fences and making a lot of outs and making a lot of errors and I and the lesser atheletes were hitting well, fielding well, and scoring all the runs.... I went 3 for 4 deliberatly making out on the last time up so we might extend the game... these run-rule shorteded games can get boring). So with a slight adjustment to the politics and power trips, we may have all had fun playing softball.

Then again, the team cleared out quickly after the game so maybe it was not as much fun as it was supposed to be or they had places to go and people to see. Me, I headed home. Nothing to see here, or do, for that matter. I did a load of laundry, yay for little things. I would do more but the clothes drying apparatus is full. Earlier I called back that dad of the kid at the facility where I used to work and after listening to him for about twenty minutes I explained that I no longer worked there and he said he knew that but wanted my advice and it was obvious he wanted to complain about one of the directors there. I gave him my best advice and he was very appreciative.

Curly went downtown to a retro game night they have at the History Center about four times a year and I decided I didn't feel like driving there. I pondered calling others, but I did not feel like others as I don't really have a go-to upbeat mellow intimate friend these days. Everyone I know is either depressed or wrapped up in their own shared lives with others or busy or too mature for me. Curly is the best at caring about me and I am very thankful he is around. It's a mood that will pass. I was mulling over how Jackson just seems to have dropped out of my life except for a few words in a tweet every couple of days and feeling sad over trusting people to care and follow through on it. I just keep seeing the term BFF and remember hearing reasuring words that the same thing all the others did will never happen but people are people so it does. I am beginning to feel like she must have always felt obligated to do things with me and that is why it turned awkward. I don't know, I expected more from a BFF. Don't tell her, she doesn't deal with guilt well.

I looked online for possible refinancing of the car deals and found nothing but ads so I didn't take any of it seriously. I get enough junk mail and unsolicited phone ads (did I mention that earlier... ah yes, with linkage, no doubt) in spite of being on the government 'No Call' list for decades (verified again last night).

So I turned on Lenka once again (I listen to her self-titled CD most nights, sometimes a few times or more, because her happy poppy tone and the words to some of the songs soothe me, especially The Show... thank goodness for songs, as Barry Mann & Cynthia Weil wrote... did I ever mention that one of my fondest deepest most profoundly wanted dreams was to find a partner who would fall in love with songwriting with me and live happily ever after together like Barry and Cynthia did?) and ate my double dipped dinner and licked my wounds and danced.

Maybe I'll head back to Facebook for more conversation. I just get so tired of politics. So why do I have a Facebook Page for Politics that no one ever visits? (I am not into marketing or promoting). Or one for Political Humor? Or one just to SMH (which can be quite depressing and not as detached as it seems). At least I did create the Place for Ideas and Amusements Page (as opposed to Park, perhaps?) before any others other than the Bugs Webbot tribute pages and the Privacy issues page that is intended to teach Facebook a lesson it will never forget.

Yeah, that's right, me and Pinky and the Brain are gpoing to take over the world tonight and naturally we will start with Facebook. Hopefully Wacko can join us for moral support and so I can have a partner too. Am I begging for attention enough yet? Wait, before you go, there is also Reading Material and Things To Do and Hope For Us All which are only partially intended re-creations of the pages Bugs Webbot created late last year to save his sanity. Unfortunately, Facebook and Hillary Clinton supporters conspired to lock Bugs away like the Count of Monty Python or Cristo, for that matter, and we can only remember fondly (or whistfully, depending on mood and time of day) and see what may be recreated and move on.

Maybe I am just seeking someone to share some serious qualia with me.






No comments: