Friday, May 13, 2016

Computer Troubles

OK, computer trouble. This may little or nothing or I may have had a Friday the 13th worm waiting to attack my laptop. Coincidentally, the plug fell out last night and the laptop had a battery failure (bad luck on this date?... naaaaaa lol). The system reboot had all sorts of errors, especially Kaspersky errors blocking websites. At first I could not get to any site not in my cache. I rebooted again and the same thing happened at first, blocked web sites (though no pop ups from Kaspersky doing it). Then, I tried again from another web site path and the sites I wanted to open opened. The laptop BIOS clock was reset to December 31, 2007 (Yes, it is a very old laptop, Windows Vista, remember?).

My browser popular sites were wiped. Google seems to be comping up with certificate errors when I try to connect to sites from a google search. I wonder if it is because they no longer support the browsers in the Windows Vista era. I can still get to my Gmail through Chrome, though Google no longer supports this version of Chrome. All Google products, but not compatible anymore. Can we say planned obsolescence? How does Google spell G-R-E-E-D? But it's most American companies (and Americans). We are a selfish lot insensitive to how our selfishness is destroying us, the country, and the world.

At the moment, I have a full Kaspersky scan running as well as a Windows Update running. Windows Update has 20 important updates to download and install. I run Windows Update manual every week, so this is a lot of updates in one shot. Let's see if Kaspersky will let Windows update itself. I noticed the Google search page (after a search) has changed, reverted to an older version it seems with filters on the side instead of at the right of the pull down menus. I've got softball in a few minutes so I will let the two operations run and see what happens when I get back.

No comments: