Sunday, May 8, 2016

Ornaments for Tournaments

Trying to recall what happened each day after not making notes for a whole week is not as much fun when not much happens each day. Then again, remembering what happened when something did happen is not so bad, even exciting. Today I woke early, 6:00am or so, to head to a softball tournament. Ironically, the tournament was about five minutes from where Jackson is living now and today was her day off, but she was out of town at her mom's celebrating her niece's birthday and Mother's Day since she works tomorrow.

We lost all three games so we played just three games. The tournaments are a three game guarantee. The other teams are simply better than us and we make too many errors. I started out hitting poorly because I can't use my bat in these tournaments and it took me two games to find a bat I felt comfortable with. Usually there are a variety of bats, but almost every bat the team had was identical, 26 ounches, end loaded. A few were balanced. The trouble is, I am used to a 29 ounce balanced bat and the lighter bats just come around way too fast. I need practice with them or I need to find a heavier bat. At the moment, my budget does not have $200+ for a new bat so I am stuck for these tournaments.

Everybody tried to sell me a bat. It's enough I am spending $25 plus food and drink once a month to risk my life at these tournaments, it would be seriously unwise of me to buy a new bat. I must buy a mask and that can be... ok, I just (that would be next week sometime, but hey, it just happened as I wrote this so stop nit picking about time already, will ya? lol wink wink) went on Amazon and bought this mask.



It is $50 and well received by the softball community and hopefully will fit me right and not hurt me by blocking my view. It will take some getting used to, but... better than a ball to the face at 100 mph. I should probably get these too, but the mask and extra pads and such ran over $100 so I will not. Doesnt it figure that by going directly to the store (instead of buying it on Amazon) I could have saved 10%. Doh, of course.

I shopped for bats too, but I am not spending more. Not today. Good bats are $300. Ok bats are $200. Not today. I need a job to support my softball habit. If anybody wants to sponsor me, I'll wear your logo on my shirt, pants, bag, hat, anywhere you want. I'll put your sign up on the fields. Sponsors are very welcome.

So we had a softball tournament today and that's that. After the tournament I headed to Excel and The Commodore's to play Bridge. That was fun. Life is fun. Sometimes dangerous, mostly fun. How are you?

No comments: