Sunday, May 1, 2016

Two in the Busch

As I briefly summarized, in case it matters, today was a long day, an active day, a fun day, maybe more day than a body deserves (aches, healing slow, kidney, leg/skin, rectal, and other questions), but a good very day overall. I am just getting home from Siskel's house. Siskel is a softball friend (the people page has more) and his company gave us Busch Gardens where Siskel and I walked many miles and rode many rides and had many funs. He knew the park well so we zipped from coaster to coaster and we zipped on them because the park was closed to the public and only open to us and all the other employees where he works. Free tickets, four hours of exclusive use of the park, and $20 Busch Gardens spending money per person was a perk his company gave to their employees. We ate at the BBQ place in the park and had much fun. Cost, nearly nothing (I ate for more than the $20, so there :P lol :) lam).

Meanwhile, earlier in the day I woke early to head out to the senior softball morning and I played with the seniors. I went 2 for 2 and pitched one of the two games (played second base in the other) and was way too tired to feel really on. Even let an easy ground ball get by me. Maybe next time I'll get some sleep. I met with the coach of the Saturday team and it may be the grass only looked greener as he did not impress me at all, but I paid for the season so the change is made. Now to just tell the old coach who might react with more emotion than we'd like.

After softball I headed home, took a hot shower, and took a nap in the recliner. The leg that was healing threw me a curve as there is a dark red rash, a skin reaction to the antibiotics. I put too much on and left it covered too long and it is an antibiotic burn (well, it looks like a burn so I call it a burn). Too much triple antibiotic ointment, not enough air. I washed and dried the area thoroughly and put on calamine lotion. These recent mis-treatments of this body are evidence that I am in a deeper apathy and self-destructive and needy mode than I may have thought and my brain may be silently playing Elton's Someone Save My Life Tonight so I am not aware of it but the signs are in how I am not taking care of this body. Take this seriously, m'ok?

I woke, dressed and headed over to Siskel. We rode the Congo River Rapids twice because Siskel did not get wet the first time. I got hosed, sprayed, showered, and splashed very well, thank you. We then rode Stanley Falls Flume and Siskel got wetter on that than he did on two Congo River trips. I got doused well on all three water trips. We then moved on to SheiKra (to start the drying process), Kumba, Serengeti Railway, Cheetah Hunt, and Montu, and probably some other stuff I don't remember the names of. Maybe a few times. It was much fun (thank you Siskel).

The trip home was as exciting as the trip there. Siskel likes to weave in and out of traffic though he seldom goes more than 10 miles over the limit (I didn't look at the speedometer). It's a different driving style than mine and makes for the occasional omg moments, but we arrived safely. I drove home from his place and wrote this and that and the other thing. Now it's time to lay me down and sleep. May my feet not be sore tomorrow so I pitch well.

Nite Nite :)

No comments: