Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Internet Distractions

Wow, I sat down here to write almost three hours ago and just now realized this box was open and waiting for words. So where did the three hours go? Well, I wandered. I've been awake since 6am so what in the world have I been doing? I have no recollection. That's what wandering the internet will do for me, completely distract me from real life and before I know it a whole day has passed. Or at least a whole morning.

I wandered my blogs for a little while and I found that this link doesn't work and I realized that trustng any internet site to store filed is a waste of time and faith. There was a music player linked there, but it's gone for now. I somehow found myself reading Jeremy Riney qho was internet famous once because he created and hosted various music player and storage sites, the biggest name was Paylist dot com. I had players one his site, but finding his blog was more an accident than anything else. I read about how he used to keep track of the comings and goings of internet music playlist sites. He actually created a very cool TV Show Streaming site that I must check out when I have a computer with sound again. Somday.

I think I spent a few hours (yes, a few hours) at Gaia Online exploring and earning coins or whatever currency they use there. I remember the site from way back (I believe I created an account there in 2004 but I don't recall the password or the email address I used) because a couple of kids on Diaryland talked about it. It is a fun and games community for kids and simple gamers (which includes millions of all ages now based on the invites to play games I get on Facebook. I don't play games or use apps on Facebook, by the way. They askl for way too much information from a profile).

Anyway, I earned a lot of achievements on Gaia and created a fishtank, though I am not really sure how it all works and I may wind up killing the fish because I think they want to be fed daily and I don't actually have that sort of routine online except for in this blog and even here a week is sometimes skipped before I return to catch up. I wonder how long the fish live without food. I wonder if they can be overfed. I wonder if there is a vacation feeder that can be set. I wonder if it old-fashined or perverse to raise an eyebrow at an 18 year old girl who posts photos of her bed and bedroom and concludes her post with "Kisses"? Ah, the wonders of Gaia.

I think I will take a nap now. Dinner and cards at Curly's in a few hours.

Tough life, I know.

Narf :)

No comments: