Monday, May 9, 2016

Are You My Mother?

I used to ask that question with smiling serious irreverence quite often in my writings over the years. In fact, the very first writing on the web was titled Are You my Friend? and was a direct allusion to Are You My Mother?. I was adopted as a baby so I never knew my birth mother and the records remain sealed by law in the state where I was adopted. I found out my birth name thirty years after I was born when the parents at that time finally decided to give me some birth papers (that's the sort of insensitivity and political correctness I grew up with... no wonder I rebelled into a babbling rebel fool, aye? lol lam). Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to any and all mothers out there. Even mine.

I think we mght have done that yard work mentioned in tomorrow's entry today. The days kind of blur when they are skipped. If you missed me and my daily babbling is something you really look forward to each day and just didn't mention it, I apologize for skipping days. I think we cleaned his mom's roof and pool tomorrow, in case it matters.

Would you like to swing on a star? :)

Since there was no softball this week, I did not do much. I texted a few Happy Mother's Day wishes out and about, though not nearly enough to be PC. I suppose I should have asked Helena what she and her mom had planned, but then, Helena knows I am trying not to spend money so she is not asking me to lunch or dinner as much as she used to. I did something else, but I forget now. It's seeming rather unimportant after all.

Don't let it get you down, it's just castle burning, ya know? :)

Ok, so I admit it, I may have forgotten (backyard, mulch pile blow out, exhaustion, and dinner at the fish and chips place down the street?... sounds about right) what happened today. The perils of skipping a week and trying to catch up. You'll just have to text me a reminder to blog daily if you want daily updates. After all, it won't be too long before senility sets in and then, dear readers, you will get what you ask for.

Or something like that. :)

No comments: