Saturday, May 14, 2016

Busy Saturday Fun

As I was noting in the last two entries, the computer was wonky and I was running scans and stuff to check for viruses or malware. I left it running as I slept last night and did not check before I left this morning. I did not sleep as well as I'[d have liked for the first couple of hours but then fell into a deep sleep so I am not too groggy, but I really must get to sleep earlier on Friday nights if I am going to play ball Saturday mornings.

Anyway, the computer scans and downloads were finally completed when I got home from softball. Yay, I guess. Finally everything seems done and there are no threats so whatever was going on was just Windows and the old laptop being wonky (or there is a bug that none of my protection stuff can discover). The computer is responding better too, so maybe it just needed a few restarts. I deleted temp files and let Spybot "fix" whatever it found even though they were all "green" and not threats. I will do a refrag tonight just before bed and see if that helps.

Waking about 8:30am, I got dressed and headed to the fields. I got there in time for batting practice but they cut batting practice short because they had a lot of players show up and needed more time for the game. There were enough people for three teams that fielded eleven (and still someone had to sit each inning... I think there were at least 35 players). The fee was still $3 so I've got a feeling the organizers might make a little extra money as the fields are $26 an hour and 35 x 3 = 105 and then everyone who takes batting practice pays a dollar so that's close to a $140 total today. If they paid for four hours, that would be $104. So someone is playing for free and making a profit. Maybe the guy uses the extra money for his team.

A couple of guys asked me to come out during senior leagues, but I explained that I already play on other fields when the seniors play. I will keep in touch and if I can play both on Monday Nights, that would be great. He said they also play Monday mornings at the fields I play on Monday nights and they have a League Wednesday mornings, so I might check that out. It is very good to be wanted. Old people need love too lol :)

After the pick-up game, the new Saturday team practiced for two hours. I did not hit well during the seniors scrimmage, but I was hitting very well during the practice session. This team is friendlier than the other team and it was a good choice to switch.

I just showered and it is time to head to Helena's for dinner (she changed plans so instead of Longhorn (her original choice), she's treating me to dinner and we are meeting at her house. Surprises are fun. Treats are wonderful these days.



No comments: