Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Tuesday, Not Belgium

A reference to an old movie (1960s era, I believe) and a lifestyle of cavalier leisure (specifically a Eurpoean tour of 12 countries in 14 days... or was it 14 countries in 12 days... whatever, it was all about a whirlwind of fun and rushing about to squeeze in more fun. Sort of kind of like the life I am living these days. All that is missing is someone to share the fun and the financial means to continue the fun without having to go back to work. I don't remember if the people in the movie were working class like me or the jet set (what we would call the 1% today), but the point is the lifestyle is fun with faux drama and amusing stress.

Staying awake past sunrise has become the pattern most nights and last night was no exception. Writing, reading, playing any number of games on the computer or phone (Ruzzle, Words with Friends, Chess, Bridges, Spades... I guess that is pretty much it for now) and nodding off. Then waking mid-day or later to shower (though I've started showering in the evening or night lately so I sometimes skip a before softball shower) and head out to either softball or cards/games. Too often for the budget, I eat dinner out, but I ignore the budget director in my head and promise myself I will have a steady income before I run out of savings and must borrow to pay off the car. I really do not want to run up credit card debt and ruin my credit rating. Hush, no such thoughts tonight, m'ok?

So this afternoon was no different than most lately, some computer time (I sit too much lately) and then a shower and out to Curly's for dinner and cards. Hot dogs, pork and beans (with a lot of onions and mushrooms and whatever other leftovers might be around), veggies, sometimes a salad, chips and dessert (brownies or chocolate chip cookies) have become the standard meal with a pork loin roast or pulled pork tossed in at least once a month. Burgers and cheesburgers maybe once a month too, though not as often as I'd like. I forget how much I love cheesburgers because I am enjoying the hot dog binge each week.

After dinner, cards. Tonight we played spades and hearts. I don't think I won, just had fun. Excel, Elton, Knobby, Curly, and were there tonight. The Commodore was on baby sitting duty (Excel has an older teenage son who sometimes stays home and those nights the Commodore can stay out, but half the time the Commodore does not make it to Tuesday night cards which is why Thursday and Saturday are at Excel and his place. The Commodore is Excel's dad, in case I've never mentioned it. Excel has two kids at home, a young daughter and the older teenage son. I may have added that to their mini-bios on the about The People page, or maybe not. Anyway, fun people.

And then it was time to head home and here we are catching up on the day. I look forward to the day someone actually reads and responds and shares her or his life with me (here, somewhere, online or offline) again. Life's daily activities may seem trivial and even meaningless at times, but sharing it all makes life so much more enjoyable (and meaningful) for me. I hope someone who feels that way smiles about that. :)

Take care of you and keep in touch :)


No comments: