Sunday, May 29, 2016

Long Day Away From Home

I ponder all the years alone learning how to play the human games as Lenka sings once again in the backgroun as I am just returning home after a very long day out of the house. I woke around 3am and laid in bed for two hours until I finally got up and wrote because my mind was not in the mood to sleep. I headed out to softball around 7:45am and am just getting home now (the time stamp on this entry is real). After softball, about 12:15pm, I headed to Curly's place. I ate part of a can of chicken I brought with me and laid down on the couch for a moment and was sound asleep for the next two and a half hours in spite of Curly making some very loud booming noises (that's what he told me after I woke). I ate the rest of the chicken, took a shower, and we headed out to Excel and the Commodore's place for Saturday Night Bridge.

Commodore was very excited because he bought a new car. Dinner was stir fried ground turkey and veggies. We played until about midnight, switching to a board game until about 1:30am when our brains had enough bridge. Excel won the night. I drove Curly back to his place and then drove back here (somehow I did the long 60+ mile day today not including the trip to the fields which is about 15 miles or so... I checked the credit card balance and it is way higher than I want it to be so I must cut down spending more dramatically than I have which does not bode well for me getting the Austin for the softball world series in August unless my coach comes through with a way for me to save money... sigh, again, sigh).

I did not realize the phone died while I was at Excel's because ATT provides such poor there. It is a very populated area just southwest of Orlando so that just shows ATT has mediocre service in this area as I often have very poor signal in my area as well and this is a hugely populated suburb just northwest of Orlando. More than a few people have told me Verison has the best reception for this area and I must reconsider switching, though logistically because both Precious and Jane are still on my plan and we might have to go in and exchange our phones together. So I drag my feet about changing.

Curly and I both ate less snacks tonight as he brought carrots for us to snack on, though we ate a lot of the turkey stir fry and it was mostly meat. I did have some chips, but the cutting back on calories happened and hopefully it will get more serious tomorrow and still more serious the next day and so on and so forth as that it what is needed for the body. I must get carrot snacks for here, though I don't buy fresh foods because, as you know if you've been reading along, I have no place to wash fruits or vegetables. I am consciously resisting eating right now as I am hungry but I am not sure if it is physical or emotional hunger and I just have to look down at my waistline see the bloat. I should head to bed soon, but I had two coffees at Excel's and so the brain is wired on drugs.

I have nothing in particular planned for tomorrow so I can sleep late, but I hope not to so I can get back to a bit more of a daytime schedule because I need to do some things that require daylight (like moving more stuff to the garage and rearranging more stuff here and opening and sorting through more boxes) and in some cases, interacting with others who actually sleep at night. I also need to get back to a habit of daily exercise to burn more calories and that is not going to happen if I am only sleeping when I am exhausted (like this afternoon at Curly's).

I shall, however, make the attempt to sleep by laying down now. I hope you had fun today too. :)

No comments: