Friday, May 20, 2016

More Fun, Still Want More.

Another day of sleeping in as I was up well past sunrise once again last night. I woke to the sound of Curly's yard blower which meant the mulch truck dumped a load of mulch in the driveway and he was working on spreading it out evenly. I put on my work clothes and equipment (glasses, breathing mask, gloves) and went out to help. I pitchforked while he spread the mulch with the blower. He said it usually takes three or four gas refills to get it done and we got it done on less than one tank in less than a third of the time it usually takes. Maybe less. He was a happy camper. The neighbors can start parking in their driveway again and the front driveway won't be as crowded, so I am a happy camper to. The neighbors will be when they get home. Curly's mom will be too since one of the neighbor's trucks was blocking her path to her house and the greenhouses out back. A house full of happy campers, that's us.

It was a great upper body workout to spread mulch with a pitchfork, kind of like shoveling snow. I know, the doctors all caution old people not to shovel snow and the stories of heart attacks abound, but I am not a sedentary old person just yet. I was huffing good to catch my breath (definitely need aerobic improvement, which is so sad since as a long distance runner most of this life, that was one of my taken for granted life skills. Boo aging, but way more boo laziness. Get back out there and run (and elliptical and whatever else). Or else.

After spreading the mulch I showered and he showered at his mom's place and I drove down to Excel and the Commodore's place. Excel mentioned to Curly that the Commodore was not happy today and so I suggested we get him something he really loves and Excel said that would be ice cream and chocolate or cheese cake. We stopped at Publix (supermarket) to get Chocolate Trinity, which is the most decadent chocolate ice cream I've ever had from a supermarket and a couple of pieces of cheese cake. On the way home, Curly told me that later in the evening Excel told him what Commodore was unhappy about was that he gained back a lot of the weight he lost last year. Oops. Change of dietary plan is in order for our card games. We definitely snack way too much. More veggies, more water, more healthy low calorie snacks.

I won the night in Bridge on the last hand when Excel and I stopped Curly and the Commodore's attempt at 3 No Trump. The Commodore has been playing for decades and is by far the best player. Curly has been playing for a couple of years and even though I've only been playing a couple of months, I can sometimes stop his bid if he is the declarer. He was and the stop shifted him into third place, putting Excel in second and me in first. It was a very rare night for the Commodore finishing last. I am learning the game.

I drove Curly back her so he could pick up his car and he headed home. That brings us to this entry as I sat down and opened this window before getting distracted by Ruzzle or Facebook or any other games or anything else. You came first tonight, in case it matters :)

Anybody wanna come out and play? :)

No comments: