Monday, May 30, 2016

Awake Early

Here I am awake before sunrise again, but this time it was 5:56am and not 3am or even 4am, so this is a good thing. I felt like I could roll over and sleep more, but the bladder called and when I returned from the bathroom I was not as sleepy. So I laid there for an hour and accepted awakeness. Played a couple of games of Bridge and then came here. I will be leaving for softball with the seniors shortly but figured this was as good a time as any for a meaningless entry recording my sleep pattern and whatever else might come to mind because I am really such a fascinating specimen that future generations and various alien species will want to study in depth through my massive missives.

I went to bed about 2am, I think, so I slept a full four hour cycle which is usually great for me. We shall see how I feel after softball and how much energy I have helping Curly with lawn work after that. I can collapst after helping Curly so we will roll the dice today. I may or may not eat something in the next half hour. There is no hunger, but I know I will need energy and protein and I ate less tham 500 calories yesterday (perhaps a lot less) so I must monitor the body closely today as it is not in the habit of fat-burning just yet since it is used to getting plenty of fat and carbs, simple and complex, on a very regular basis which is why the wooziness can come on fast (and the dumb bp pills).

Yes, it's all very scientific, this change of habit.

The great news is that the seniors are holding their pick-up game just ten minutes away (used to be less than five, alas... the place Jackson and I shared was not perfect, but it was really great inside and so womderfully located between two of the best softball fields in town and less than 5 minutes from the highway. Now I am up to fifteen minutes from the highway, depending on traffic, and about ten minutes from one field and five from the other. More with traffic and there is usually a lot of traffic heading in that direction. Life goes on, aye?

Jackson just texted a lol to my text from last night. I sometimes text her in the middle of the night because she keeps her phone on silent except for emergency calls from specific numbers so the text doesn't wake her. I missed the couch we had last night because all I have to sit on is the old recliner which gets less comfortable with each passing month, a folding chair, and the bed and sometimes I want the comfort of sitting on a couch. She has work today in spite of it being a national holiday because therapy goes on seven days a week where she works so a couple of the therapists covers every day of the year. She'll have other holidays off and accrue holiday time.

I suppose I ought to get up and dress for softball and maybe eat a bit of chicken. I have drinks in the car, but they are going to be warm. I must stop to buy drinks I guess. Curly uses powdered gatorade and I supposed I could get used to that. I can also try vitamin tablets and water and see if that works as well as gatorade. Sure would be cheaper. It is essential to replenish water and electrolytes out there though as heat exaustion and cramping comes on very quickly when playing ball in the Florida heat at this advanced age (scientists are watching, after all).

So take care and have fun out there today :)

No comments: