Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Did I Skip a Day?

Apparently. It's easy to forget when nobody notices. So what happened. Slept in, woke late, Curly came by and we leveled mulch on the front driveway. He started chopping up some rotting table tops with the chain saw but a dull blade and a sore back and I helped him decide to pause not long into that project. I tested the old rotting fense laying out back and the posts are as rotted as the slats so I will chop that up as part of the build a new bakyard project when my leg heals up enough for me to want to get hot and sweaty and dirty again (softball doesn't count).

Yes, the leg rash brought on by too much triple bacterial oointment left under bandages for too many days is still red, though no pain or itching, it just does not look pretty or healthy and I am guessing that getting it sweaty and dirty will not help it heal. An excuse for laziness, perhaps, but without health insurance I am risking a lot of money if I do not take extra careful care of abnormalities like this. The hot dog and pork loin and burger diet certainly is not wise either, but the potential for skin infection is easier to adjust to as it just requires doing less activity and does not involved confronting the emotional eating I've been doing the last couple of months (has it bee a year?... oh shut up... and stop laughing, it's really about as funny as a heart attack. Sigh. Dummy... I know, think positive, be positive, speak positive... more important, eat positive, right). I am showering at least twice a day now and making sure the leg is cleaned, dried, and covered in Calamine lotion. Hopefully there won't be a reaction to that too. Dumb body getting older and reacting to stuff, there oughta be a law.

A-hem. So after Curly's back loosened up he got up off the floor and headed home. I then showered again and dressed carefully putting a clean white sock over the right calf and left for softball. We were doing well until a couple of errors gave the other team the lead 7-2 as dark clouds and thunder started. We got up in the top of the sixth inning and scored three runs and had two on base with two outs when the lightning siren went off. That is two Fridays in a roiw and now a Monday game stopped by lightning. Florida is the lightning capital of the world, in case you didn't know. They say this game will start at the pitch it left off though I think that is different from the Friday night games which will be called complete after four innings played by the team that is behind. The Firday night website has not been updated yet so I'm not sure. The Monday website listed our game as a loss even though the umpires clearly said it would resume at the last pitch. We shall see next week I guess.

I had them shut down but two outfielders standing and watching each other as the ball dropped well within reach of either of them might be the difference in that Monday night game. Frustrating, but that's softball.

After getting home I continued this ridiculous semi-obsession with reading and commenting (though I am commenting a whole lot less) on Facebook and online articles as if it matters or something but I know it is just a distraction from the loneliness as I really want to share much more than I do. I am stubborn though and do not want to share my bed with anyone I know at the moment so there is nobody here when I get home.

So many nights pass in this lifetime
with no one to share the falling asleep
or the sleep or the waking or quiet of mornings
that time of dreams and promises we meant to keep
no one is here to share the deep



No comments: