Sunday, May 15, 2016

Approximating Time

That is what blogging is sometimes about, approximating time. How much time will it take to blog. What day and time is it really? When catching up, what date and time would the catch-up entry have been written if it was written at the time being caught up? We sit on the top of the tip of the iceberg and move along.

I decided to tweet tonight and if you want to know more, the link is how to find out more.

Then there are lists of chores intended for tomorrow. Tomorrow, however, is always a day away so maybe that is why chores don't always get done (shhhh, it's logical). So let's see which chores got done as I pull the list from a previous entry:

3 laundry loads (sheets, towels, and regular colors - as opposed to softball colors) did not get done.
Take the car for an oil change did not get done.
Check the tires cuz the tire light comes on when the temperature drops below 60 degrees. Nope.
Stop for Vitamin B Complex cuz I am out. Yes, the body is the temple and all that.
Buy more water. Nope, Costco had water I did not want.
Buy a few more outdoor lights for the front and backyards. Nope.
Spray bug spray out back where I park the car. This was partially done.
Rake/sift the ground out back where we picked up the fence to check for nails or screws. Nope.
Move a few big items from the other room to the garage. Nope.
Empty stuff out of the car. Nope, but the front seat was cleaned up. Everything went in the back.
Clean car. Nope.


As I said, time is relative. I must have said it somewhere in the last week or so because it is one of those constants that remind me of how futile making lists and plans and approximating time can be sometimes.

Anyway, dinner was a wonderful surprise as the Crazy Buffet that was nearby that was the best Chinese buffet in town that closed a couple of years ago re-opened (further away, but on the way to Excel's) and the food was seriously yummy (Saturday nights they put their best stuff out) and the price was not terrible (with drink, $18, all you can eat). They had duck and all sorts of shrimp and two types of crab (not for me as I don't fight with crab unless it's alaskan or king... blue and the smaller ones are too much work... same for crawfish) and clams and many other seafood choices (oysters fresh and fried, muscles fresh and baked, calamari, and just about all the other choices too). The sushi was very good but wonder of wonders, they had mackerel Sashimi which is my absolute favorite (almost... other than the kind of Sturgeon and White Fish you get in Jewish delicatessen places). Just thinking about it makes me want to go there this week on my way to Excel's).

After dinner, I headed to Excel and the Commodores and they had a buffet of pasta and other foods and I was too stuffed to eat (and they make very American-style foods, meaning light on spice and tomato paste or sauce from a jar that I seldom crave and limited cheeses and not always warm and seldom hot so it's not that hard to watch others eat. I focused on cards lol. I still so much appreciate all the dinners Excel has provided, especially during this economizing time without income).

Cards sucked lol. I never had such a series of terrible hands and by the end of the night I was not even paying attention and they distracted me during one of the few good hands I got so I misplayed and felt terrible and pounted and brooded and luckily it was the last round and I played the last two hands and let the cards go. There will be much better nights ahead (cuz it doesn't get much worse lol).

Keep making those chores lists, those things need to get done. :)

No comments: