Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Seeking the Limits of Indulgence

An on and off nightly ritual playing Ruzzle has continued now for an eighth day. Once it starts, it is a seven day tournament so I am kind of committed for seven straight days if I want to play to win. I won first place last week and started a new week off tonight. SO far I am in second place and I have until tomorrow evening to try to get first (as does everyone else). So that happened for the first ten minutes to half hour or so every night when I got home for the past eight nights. Solitary home life just doesn't get much more exciting than that, now really. Nor does sarcasm get as thick, I suppose.

Anyway, we are having fun, right?

Last night I recall nodding off before I actually got to writing but I think Facebook was the distraction as it was during the day today so I did not get out in time to get the oil changed so the MAINTENANCE REQUIRED announcement will greet me again tomorrow when I get in the car and worst of all it took me an hour to get to Curly's place (20 minutes without traffic) because I left during school bus time and roads all over this metropolitan area become ridiculously like parking lots betweem 2:30pm and 6:30pm (because after the school buses, rush our takes over... the school bus hours are worse, believe it or not) and I think I wandered off topic if there ever was one.

Facebook conversations are the bane of my existence these days. I even know some of the people I am commenting with and yet it seems to far away from real life. Politics, such a stupid game of thrones or power or manipulation or money or stupidity or corruption or bribery or theft or (actually all of the above). Religion is an even bigger waste of time to discuss online. So rarely does any conversation matter after it is over. Especially not the ones that become pissing contests (I avoid those). Everybody's got to be right before the contest begins so what's the use of having a discussion. Closed is the dominant setting for human minds. The illogic is astounding, I mean, a mind not open to new ideas simply can not know enough to know what is right, but logic is not a typical human strength. Blah blah blah, I don't want to think so negatively anymore. Change perspective.

So I woke planning to head to the car dealer to get the oil changed and Facebook disracted me for a few hours so I just headed to Curly's for Tuesday night cards and the traffic was so bad along the way my frustration compounded my hunger (yeah, I did not eat breakfast or liunch because I woke just before noon and was not hungry when I left here at 3pm) so I stopped at Hot Dog Heaven again even as I am insisting to myself at least a few times a day that I must stop the crap food and start lean meats and veggies and water (no more canned liquid sugar) for a month or few and worse still I bought too much and ate it all and was bloated the rest of the evening (the good news is I didn't eat any of the hot dogs grilled at Curly's but the bad news is I could have saved $17 if I did... Hot Dog heaven is way overpriced) and I appear to be unable (or more like unwilling) to complete a sentence tonight, aye? Perhaps I am seeking the limits of indulgence. We played cards and had fun. Yay.

Sudden conclusion, aye? Well, that must be better than a sudden concussion.

So that was the day that was. What was your day like?

Feel free to show up any time now :)

No comments: