Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Recreational Days

That is life these days, recreation. Once again, I am enjoying the life of retirement and yet, I am still not able to fully retire because I've enjoyed this life of retirement for at least 15 years so far in this life. All those early retirements burned through a lot of savings, but more, I've given away most of what I earned in this life so there is no retirement savings. Just pauses in the working times for these rests and relaxation recreational days.

Today I slept late again because I was up late last night again. The nights are my favorite times, as I probably said a thousand times along the way. If you are still reading me, appreciate your accepting the redundancy that comes with life. We do some of the same things each day, sleep, chores, self-care, etc. I remember some dreams, taking a friend to a doctor for a reputured blood vessel that might have been an artery but was at least a major vein. It happened during a softball game and he didn't notice until the game was over. Maybe I just created the situation so i could feel needed and appreciated for my skills and knowledge. I woke up somewhere after we were waiting in the ER.

After waking, I played Ruzzle and paused in second place for the week. Today is the last day and I will try to play later to see if I can move up. The game provides both distraction and mental stimulation for my language brain cells and that is obviously what I need because I keep returning to play it almost daily. The void of actual communication that comes with living with someone or working at a job five days a week is partially filled by the word game. I ought to check in with Words with Friends as well before the game times out and resigns me.

After Ruzzle, I spent some time on Facebook. I have many links I did not upload to the sites I saw blog in case you are interested in where I wander in my readings. My readings are not always due to actual interest in a topic or story, sometimes it is just to know what is going on in the world even though I'd rather not know. The alternative news provides some conversation fodder for when I do find people who want to talk about the world and I figure being aware of what is going on in the world may help me get a job when I actually start looking again.

After Facebook I headed to softball. It was a tough game we gave away with too many errors and I didn't help by going 0 for 3. Fatigue from a long weekend of softball (nine hours of playing time) and adjusting to night vision played factors, but the pitcher was very good and I was out of focus at the plate. The other team was very good in all areas, but we likely would have won if we did not have so many throwing errors from the outfied that gave extra bases to the other team and if I amnd a couple of others hit better. At least it was not a blowout.

After softball I returned here to Ruzzle and Facebook, then came to the blogs to catch-up. I didn't get to first place in Ruzzle but hopefully I was able to hang on to second. I shall see tomorrow. After that. sleep.

So what happened in your life today? :)

No comments: