Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pressing Harder

Referencing the physical activity, while not to any point of exertion yesterday, increasing as I was out and active from about 8am until past midnight and today, after sleeping almost nine hours (with just one break to empty the bladder... dang diuretics), I somehow motivated myself to start moving stuff around around here. Curly stopped by the give me the key to the garage as I asked him to do yesterday and that bit of moral support helped rev up the motivation. All of the doors are now in the garage. Doors weight a ton, dangit. What added to the challenge is the soft dirt and softer mulch between here and the garage which is completely on the other side of the place.


Yes, I live in the country and this property remains country (even as developments with sidewalks and paved driveways and paths pop up down the street). There's a couple of acres out back with another house on it and three big greenhouses that Curly's mom uses for her plant-growing business. She's a chemist by profession, but prefers the greenhouse to a lab. I left out the fence in front of my place and gate I needed to negotiate the doors through, but you get the idea. I also left out a big screened porch and a covered walkway and little garden between the garage and the back apartment (which would be in the space marked "BACK APT", but you get the idea. Curly's mom and four brothers lived here before they all moved away and they turned this place into three apartments. Anyway, the point is tough trips with the hand truck and heavy work. Sure, if I was 20 years old it would not be as taxing (ever try moving 100+ pound doors?), but I am not as young as I used to be so I was exhausted after about ten trips (lots of doors).

In case you wondered, the picture was supposed to be drawn in the style a child draws pictures, but MS Paint does not have many options. Kids just wanna have fun, ya know? :)

The garage has a lot of stuff in it and it is in complete dissary, so movings stuff around and organizing it will be a future project over multiple days. One side is now partially reorganized so more can fit. Moving heavy stuff around in the garage and then moving the doors, some weighing more than a hundred pounds, really knocked me out. The heat was also brutal today and after about two and a half hours of heavy moving I was feeling the heat exhaustion signs in spite of drinking 40 ounces of water so I brought a chair and my fan into the garage and sat down in front of the fan with another liter of ice water and almost nodded off. The body needed rest.

I finished up some reorganzing of some very heavy stuff (he has a 200+ pound dumbell in there that dates back to the 1800s and was used by a wrestler for show. It;s huge, like two beach balls on either end of a bar. Like the strong men in circuses used to use. There are also air compressers, a generator, and other heavy equipment that I situated along the walls so they could be accessed easily but were out of the way.

after catching my breath and brought six cases of water in along with some other stuff from the car. If I didn't have softball tonight I might have continued, but my arms and shoulders were aching and exhausted and they and the whole body definitely need a few hours rest before softball.

So here we have a daytime entry because something different actually happened today. Progress. I pout cuz nobody is here to share it or cheer with me. Doing what I must do to survive and not lose the car and have a more comfortable place to live. I still don't know how serious I am about a job just yet. I got a call from Florida Hospital while I was waiting for my car and turned down an interview for night shift a position as assistent to the EEG tech in a sleep lab. Shhhh, don't tell all the worry-worts around me, m'ok? :)

Time to get some food in this body and then lay down a bit before heading out to softball. I hope you are feeling good about whatever you've been doing lately. I'll cheer you on from here :)

Smiles are good, ya know? :)


No comments: